The activities of Bray Churches Together promote:-
- co-operation between our worshipping communities as we witness to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- understanding among our different worshipping communities that we may encourage each other.
The worshipping communities which comprise Bray Churches Together:-
- assent to the Nicene Creed.
- are located in the built-up area of Bray [“parts of the built-up area of Bray are located in the adjoining areas of Wicklow County Council and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council” – Bray Town Development Plan 2005 – 2011].
Representation on the Steering Group:
- One representative from each worshipping community.
- These representatives to be selected by the leadership of each community to represent that community’s views.
- Also to promote the BCT ethos and events amongst that community.
- Half of the communities to have a church minister as their representative.
- The other half to have a lay representative.
- The representatives to attend each meeting, or if on occasion unavailable, to send a substitute.
Duties of the Steering Group:
- To initiate varied events throughout the year in accordance with the Mission Statement.
- To set up Task Forces for specific periods to organise specific events.
- To oversee the finances of Bray Churches Together as it sees fit, with any cheque being signed by two members of the Steering Group.
- To appoint a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary, each with a maximum term of three years.
- To welcome by majority vote an additional worshipping community which fulfils the Membership Criteria and has been proposed and seconded by existing communities.
The above were adopted by Bray Churches Together on 1 November 2008 after a restructuring process.